Here are the full details of Ghana Technology University requirements. Applicants who wish to apply for any of the Programmes must read the requirements below.
GHANA TECHNOLOGY UNIVERSITY REQUIREMENTS
Here are the Ghana Technology University Requirements for Undergraduate Programmes
- SSSCE/WASSCE – credit passes in English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science and three (3) elective subjects relevant to the chosen programme with aggregate 24/36 or better respectively.
- ‘O’ Level/‘A ’Level – credits in at least five (5) subjects at the GCE‘O’ Level (or
its equivalent including English Language and Mathematics, plus at least three
(3) credit passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced level.
- GBCE/ – credit passes in Business Mathematics, English Language and Integrated
Science and three (3) elective subjects.
- Mature Applicant- applying for admission must satisfy the following entry requirement:
- Attain a minimum age of twenty-five (25) years at the time of applying.
- Show proof of age with birth certificate / baptismal certificate / weighing card which is five (5) years old.
- Must pass the Mature Students’ Entrance Examination in Mathematics, English Language and General Paper. Engineering students will write papers in Mathematics, English Language and Physics.
- Apply from a list of all Teacher Training College Admission forms
- Apply from a list of all Technical University forms
- Apply from a list of all University forms
OTHER CERTIFICATIONS FOR DEGREE PROGRAMMES
Here are Ghana Technology University requirements for other Certificates for Degree Programmes:
- Stage 1 of ACCA, ICA, Associates of Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB), Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) with five (5) credits at GBCE or GCE‘O’ Level including English language and Mathematics.
- American Grade 12
- City & Guilds Technician Diploma/Advanced Diploma in relevant area of study.
- International Baccalaureate (IB)/Diploma holders will go through a compulsory three (3) months English Proficiency class before starting their programme. They should also submit both the original and translated versions of their results slips to National Accreditation Board (NAB) for verification and equivalency before applying.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENT FOR “TOP UP” APPLICANTS
Ghana Technology University requirements for TOP UP applicants are:
- Higher National Diploma (HND) relevant to the programme of study from a recognized Polytechnic with at least 2nd Class Lower Division.
- Verifiable Diplomas relevant to the programme of study from accredited tertiary institutions. This will be assessed on individual basis and will need verification from the National Accreditation Board (NAB).
ADMISSION REQUIREMENT FOR DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
Ghana Technology University requirements for Diploma Programmes are:
- WASSCE applicants must have grades “A1 – D7” in their core and elective subjects. This includes, English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies and any three elective subjects which are relevant to the applicant’s area of study.
- SSSCE/GBCE applicants must have grades “A – D” in both their core and elective subjects. This includes English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies and any three elective subjects which are relevant to the applicant’s area of study.
Mature Students’ Entrance Examination
Ghana Technology University College is running an access programme for mature applicants. Applicants will receive tuition and will be examined in English Language, General Paper, Mathematics in their related areas of study and Physics for Engineering Applicants.
Mature Applicants applying for admission must satisfy the following entry requirements:
- Attained a minimum age of twenty-five (25) years by December 14, 2019
- Show proof of age with birth certificate / weighing card / baptismal certificate which is at least five (5) years old at the time of application.
- Must pass the Mature Students’ Entrance Examination
ABOUT GHANA TECHNOLOGY UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
Ghana Technology University College (GTUC) was originally known as Ghana Telecom University which emerged from the separation of Ghana Telecom Company and the University. It was formerly known as Ghana Telecom Training Centre (GTTC). GTTC was established in 1948 by the Post and Telecommunications Department as a telecommunications training school by the then British Administration. The purpose for the establishment of the training centre was to train technicians and linesmen to operate and maintain telecommunication equipment and plants. Read More Here.