Applications are invited from prospective Applicants who wish to Apply for Ho Technical University forms.
- Apply from a list of all Teacher Training College Admission forms
- Apply from a list of all Technical University forms
- Apply from a list of all University forms
The Managements announces for the information of the general public that applications for admission into various academic programmes are ongoing. Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply for admission to any of the Programmes offered.
HOW TO APPLY FOR HO TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY FORMS
ONLINE ADMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
The instructions below will guide all applicants to purchase E-VOUCHER and successfully apply Ho Technical University Forms online:
1. Ghanaian Applicants:
- Dial the SHORT CODE *713*34*1# on all networks to follow instructions to purchase an E-Voucher using Mobile Money to pay.
- The E-Voucher can also be purchased online using Mobile Money/Credit/Debit Card at https://admissions.htu.edu.gh/evoucher
- Go to http://admisions.htu.edu.gh on the Internet after you purchase the Ho Technical University admission E-voucher.
- Log on to the Online Admissions System with the E-Voucher Number and PIN
- Follow steps on the Online Admission system to complete your application.
- On completing and submission of your online application, an envelope number will be generated automatically for you.
- Enclose in an envelope, a printed copy of your completed online application, together with Photocopies of certificates or result slips.
- Write at the back of the envelope, the envelope number, before posting to address below:
Ho Technical University
P. O. Box HP 217
2. International Applicants
International Applicants can only purchase the E-voucher online using Visa Credit/Debit Card at https://admissions.htu.edu.gh/evoucher
CLICK HERE: To buy E-VOUCHER now
SALES CENTRES (E-VOUCHER) FOR HO TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY FORMS
An E-Voucher Number and PIN for the application process of Ho technical University can also be obtained from:
- All Regional Post Offices in Ghana
- All networked branches of GCB Bank
- All networked branches of Zenith Bank
COST OF E-VOUCHER FOR HO TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY FORMS
|Four (4) Year Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) Applicants||GH¢180.00|
|Top-Up Bachelor of Technology Applicants||GH¢150.00|
|HND Mature Applicants||GH¢150.00|
|International Applicants||$ 100.00|
NOTE: All mature applicants will be expected to pay an additional amount of GH¢150.00 on or before the day of the entrance examinations at the University campus. The GH¢ 150.00 will cover the cost of the entrance examinations.
SUBMISSION OF COMPLETED ONLINE APPLICATION:
A printed copy of completed online application, together with photocopies of certificates or result slips, transcripts (for B-Tech applicants) and Birth Certificates (for mature and international applicants) should be returned to:
Ho Technical University,
P.O. BOX HP 217,
DEADLINE FOR SALE OF HO TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY FORMS
Closing date for sale of application forms is Monday, 31st August, 2020.
Detailed entry requirements can be obtained from Ho Technical University website www.htu.edu.gh or
Tel:(+233) 03620 26456.
HO TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY REQUIREMENTS
A. BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMMES
Below are the Ho Technical University requirements for BTECH Programmes:
1. Bachelor of Technology Programmes (4 years)
a. Six (6) passes in SSCE (A-D) including three (3) Core Subjects (English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science, or Social Studies) and three (3) relevant elective subjects.
b. Six (6) passes in WASSCE (A1-C6) including three (3) Core Subjects (English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science, or Social Studies) and three (3) relevant elective subjects.
c. Three (3) passes in GCE Advanced level (at least, one of the passes should be grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (at least Grade 6) in five (5) GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English and a Science subject (for non-science students) and Arts subject for science students.
d. Three (3) passes in ABCE (at least, one of the passes should be grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes in five (5) subjects including (English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science, or Social Studies) in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE)
e. Professional and other entry qualifications shall be assessed on a case-by-case basis as prescribed by the National Accreditation Board (NAB)
2. Bachelor of Technology Programmes (Top-Up)
- HND in the related field or fields of study
- Any other equivalent qualification
B. HND PROGRAMMES
Below are the Ho Technical University requirements for HND Programmes:
1. QUALIFICATION FOR ENTRY INTO HND PROGRAMMES
I. SSSCE HOLDERS
a. Five (5) Passes (A-C) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics and at least two (2) of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialization
b. Six (6) Passes (A-D) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics: and at least three (3) of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialization
II. WASSCE HOLDERS
a. Five (5) Passes (A1-C6) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics and at least two (2) of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialization
b. Six (6) Passes (A1-D7) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics; and must possess a minimum of D7 in any three (3) of the passes relevant to the area of specialization.
III. DBS APPLICANTS
- Four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE Credits including English Language and Mathematics plus at least three DBS passes in relevant courses.
IV. ABCE/’O’&’A’ LEVEL APPLICANTS
- Five (5) GBCE credits or five (5) G.C.E. Ordinary Level credits including English Language and Mathematics plus at least two (2) G.C.E. ‘A’ Level/ABCE passes.
V. GBCE APPLICANTS
- Five (5) GBCE credits including English, Business Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies.
VI. TECHNICIAN PART II/III
- Certificate holders with four SSSCE/WASSCE credit including English Language and Mathematics.
VII. TECHNICAL SCHOOL APPLICANTS (CERTIFICATE II)
- Passes in English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science plus any three (3) relevant trade courses.
VII. MATURE CANDIDATES:
- Must be at least 25 years old by the time of application.
- Must pass a written Aptitude Test (English, Mathematics and General paper in relevant area)
C. NON-TERTIARY PROGRAMMES
Below are the Ho Technical University requirements for all Non-Tertiary Programmes:
A. ADVANCED FASHION
Ho Technical University requirements for Advanced Fashion include:
- Pass in Intermediate Fashion/NVTI Grade One; OR
- Teacher’s Certificate ‘A’ including Vocational skills. OR
- SSSCE/WASSCE Certificate with passes in four (4) subjects including English, Clothing and Textiles or Visual Art
Programme Duration: TWO (2) YEARS for applicants with (i) and (ii); 3 YEARS for applicants with (iii)
B. Motor Vehicle Technician PART I (MVT II)/ Agric Engineering Technician PART I (1 Year)
Ho Technical University requirements for Motor Vehicle Technician/ Agric Engineering Technician (PART I/II) include:
- Pass in General Course in Engineering
- Motor Vehicle Mechanics Work (MVW)
- Agricultural Mechanics; OR
- Credit in 825/1 Internal Combustion Engine Work and 825/2 Vehicle Work. OR
- 815/1 Motor Vehicles Craft Work and a minimum of TWO YEARS relevant Industrial Experience. OR
- SSSCE/WASSCE passes in two (2) core and two (2) relevant elective subjects (Science and Technical). In all four (4) subjects are required with aggregate of 23 or better for SSSCE and 33 or better for WASSCE.
C. Motor Vehicle Technician PART II (MVT II)/ Agric Engineering Technician PART II (1 Year)
Applicants must have:
- Motor Vehicle Technician Part I Certificate or
- Agricultural Engineering Technician Part I.
D. Construction Technician Certificate PART I (CTC I) (1 Year)
Ho Technical University requirements for Construction Technician Certificate for (PART I/II) include:
SSSCE / WASSCE Applicants
- Passes in Core English, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science/Core Science plus two (2) relevant Technical or Science elective subjects. OR
- General Course in Construction (G.C.C.) Certificate. OR
- Advanced Certificate in Carpentry and Joinery (C&J) or Painting and Decorating (P&D) or Block-laying and Concreting (B&C).
E. Construction Technician Certificate PART II (CTC II) (1 Year)
Applicants must have Construction Technician Course Part I Certificate.
F. Certificate II Programme (Two (2) years)
- Passes in two core subjects i.e Mathematics, English, integrated Science/Core Science/Agriculture Science plus passes in any two (2) relevant electives
- Cookery N.V.T.I Grade 1&2 Certificate holders
G. Diploma in Business Studies (Accounting, Secretaryship, Marketing, Management and Statistics Options)
Ho Technical University requirements for Motor Vehicle Technician/ Agric Engineering Technician PART I include:
1. SSSCE /WASSCE Applicants
- Passes in (4) subjects: i.e. English, Mathematics and any other two relevant subjects.
2. GCE ‘A’ / ‘O’ Level Applicants
- Passes in Five (5) GCE ‘O’ Level subjects with credits in English and Mathematics.
- Two (2) GCE ‘A’ level passes plus 3 passes at GCE ‘O’ Level subjects including Mathematics and English. OR
- One ‘A’ Level in a relevant subject area plus four (4) passes at GCE ‘O’ Level subjects including English and Mathematics. A pass in general paper is an advantage.
3. General Business Certificate Applicants
- Four (4) passes at General Business Certificate Examination (RSA II) including English Language and Business Communication.
H. EEE TECHNICIAN PART III
Programme Duration and Entry Requirement
- One (1) Year. Applicants must have EEE Technician Part II Certificate
I. EEE TECHNICIAN PART II
- Passes in 3 courses in EET I
- Advanced Electrical Installation (Course C) Certificate.
- Passes in Core English Language, Core Mathematics, Core Science / Integrated Science and elective subjects including Physics, Mathematics and either Chemistry or Applied Electricity OR Electronics OR Biology.
- Technical Drawing is acceptable in place of Chemistry. In all five (5) subjects with aggregate 23 or better for SSSCE and 33 or better for WASSCE.
J. EEE TECHNICIAN PART I
- Passes in Electrical Installation Works (Course B) Certificate
- Passes in Core English Language, Mathematics, Science /Integrated Science plus 2 passes in elective Mathematics and either Physics, Applied Electricity, or Electronics or Technical Drawing.
K. PRE-HND ACCESS COURSE FOR TECHNICAL/VOCATIONAL SCHOOL GRADUATES
The duration of this programme is one year. It is designed for graduates of Technical and Vocational Institutions who have successfully completed their programmes of study and wish to pursue an HND programme in the Polytechnic.
- Applicants should possess a minimum qualification of Intermediate or Craft Certificate or its equivalent in the relevant area of study.
- Students with SSSCE (A-D) or WASSCE (A1-C7) in any three (3) relevant electives.
Successful Pre-HND candidates will proceed to enroll in any of the following Programmes:
- HND Agricultural Engineering
- HND Automobile Engineering
- HND Building and Construction Engineering
- HND Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- HND Industrial Art
- HND Fashion, Design and Textile
- HND Hotel, Catering & Institutional Management
- HND Information and Communication Technology