Check out the details on how to apply for Central University Admission. These include a link to where an applicant can purchase a Voucher, a set of instructions to follow when applying both online and paper application, and other relevant information.
Read Also: How To Apply For Any University In Ghana
How to Apply for Central University Admission
Below are the details on how to apply for Central University admission. Applicants are to follow these steps to successfully apply:
a. To Apply Online
Applicants may apply online by visiting the link: http://online.central.edu.gh to buy an E-voucher for GH100.00 (for Ghanaian applicants) or the cedi equivalent of US 100.00 (for foreign applicants) at Ecobank branches.
Once obtained the Voucher (which includes the Serial Number and PIN):
- Logon to this: http://online.central.edu.gh
- Enter your Serial number and PIN
- Click on the “Login” button
- Follow the steps by filling out all the required fields
- Upload the necessary supporting documents (Read the general overview of the online instructions provided below)
- Check thoroughly all details entered before finally submitting their online applications.
Read The Following Instructions Carefully To Complete Your Online Form.
1. DOCUMENTS NEEDED
Applicants will need the following documents in the online application process:
a. Passport picture (size of picture should not be more than 2M)
b. Your Educational Certificates and Transcript
2. FORM 1 – PERSONAL INFORMATION
a. Complete all details on the form.
b. Upload your passport picture – make sure the picture is the required size (i.e. 2M; read instructions on form). Your picture will be displayed when you click on Save and Continue, which will send you to FORM 2. You can return to the FORM 1 to view picture or continue to complete the form.
3. FORM 2 – EXAMINATIONS PAGE
a. Complete details of your Examination Results (NON-WAEC is for Diploma and other Professional Qualifications).
b. Complete details on your Educational Background
c. Complete details on Work Experience if any; You have to attach your CV at Page 3.
d. Complete details of Your Contact Person
e. Complete details of Miscellaneous. (Please take note, you can drag a box by clicking the tip (i.e. click on the 3 lines at the bottom of the box) to see all your entries).
f. Programme Selection (VERY IMPORTANT): Select in ascending order your Entry Mode, Campus, Session and the Programme to study. You will have to select the Entry Mode in order to be able to select the others.
4. FORM 3 – UPLOAD DOCUMENTS – Upload all the relevant documents (Certificates, CV, Transcripts, Referee form, Passport Page (foreign applicants)) that matter to your application.
Applicants Are To Note That Their File Size Should Not Exceed 500kb. If Your File Is Larger Than 500kb, You Will Not Be Able To Upload The File.
5. FORM 4 – SUBMIT APPLICATION – Applicants can submit the Online Application only when they have completed all entries on the forms.
Applicants will be required to:
Upload their 2 passport size photographs, certificates/ Results slips
All Online applicants are required to present original copies of their supporting documents to the Admissions office before semester registration will be allowed.
Applicants are advised to check thoroughly all details entered before finally submitting their online applications.
A Form once submitted can only be viewed but cannot be editted
To Apply Offline (Paper Application)
Paper Application forms can be obtained for GHC100.00 (Undergraduate) and GHC120 (Graduate) for Ghanaian applicants) and the cedi equivalent of USD 100.00 (Undergraduate and Graduate) (for foreign applicants) through the following:
By Banker’s Draft (in favour of Central University) from the Finance Office at the Mataheko and Kumasi campuses of the university, or from the permanent campus at Miotso, off the Accra-Aflao Road.
- Any of the under listed:
- Zenith Bank
- Ghana Commercial Bank (GCB)
- Ghana post office branches across the country.
Undergraduate application forms may also be downloaded at the University’s website and completed. Applicants would have to pay GHC 100 for Ghanaian (undergraduate) and GHC120 (Graduate) (for Ghanaian applicants) or cedi equivalent of USD 100 for foreign applicants, paid at the time of submission. The graduate application form can be downloaded on the website
An applicant must submit the following at the time of application directly to the University:
- A completed Application Form
- An official Results Slip/Certificate
- Transcripts from previous Universities (where applicable). Such transcripts should be sent directly to the Admissions Officer. It is the responsibility of the applicant to arrange for transcript(s) and /or transfer form to be mailed and to ensure that they arrive promptly. Hand delivered transcript(s) are not acceptable.
The completed paper application documents along with photographs, transcripts and certificates/results slips must be submitted to:
The Admissions Officer
Miotso Campus (Off the Accra-Aflao Road)
P.O.Box 2305, Community
For further clarifications kindly call our Admissions Hotline: +233 303 318583 or email:enquiry.[email protected]
All the above are the details on how to apply for Central University Admission. For more details on how to apply, click here